Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sleep

Sleeping is not fun. I am up at least twice to pee and I toss and turn all night. My hips hurt, my back hurts. my belly is getting big and in the way, I have heartburn.....it is not fun. I used to be a stomach sleeper but once I got pregnant that ended fast because my boobs hurt and then because my belly grew and I didn't want to smoosh the baby. After 20 weeks you are not supposed to sleep on your back for various reasons so that leaves the right or left side. I am fine falling asleep on my side but I get uncomfortable throughout the night. I got a body pillow a month or so ago and that helps a bit but just the other night I had to add more pillows to the mix. I know it will get worse before and it gets better and I am sure it is God's way of getting me ready to deal with less sleep once the baby is here but I love sleeping soundly through the night and I miss it!

No comments: