Monday, December 29, 2008

Last Week

This is my last week of maternity leave! I go back to work full time on Monday. I can remember leaving work 4 months ago on September 5th thinking that January 2009 was so far away and I was probably going to get bored being home for so long - ha! For the first month or so I was just trying to figure out which was was up and what day it was and then before I knew it Thanksgiving had arrived. I am very lucky to have been able to take so much time off to spend with Tanner but I know that I need to work and I actually miss parts of work as well as talking to adults daily so I do look forward to getting back into the swing of things.

Of course I had all sorts of projects and goals I was going to accomplish during my time off like organizing my recipe collection - nope not done yet, lose all my baby weight - still got 15 pounds to go, or clean out and reorganize the pantry - I did throw out some really old stuff but it's still a mess. Then I thought about it and realized that I spent some good quality time with my son. He is happy, he is healthy (minus one ear infection) and I feel like we have really bonded. I will miss our pajama hang out days and frequent trips to Target. I know it will be hard to cram in everything after work and before T's bed time but I also know a lot of moms out there who do it every day and they make it all work the best they can.

One dear friend emailed me right after Tanner was born and told me to enjoy all the cuddle time and just holding Tanner in my arms as much as I can because before you know it they are big. She was so right. I would not take back any of our lazy days holding him while he slept because I was too selfish to put him down. So I will enjoy these last 6 days to their fullest and be back at work Monday morning.

No comments: