Monday, January 5, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back to Work I Go....

I think Sunday was probably worse than today just thinking about going back to work and putting myself in a very bad mood. I woke up this morning got myself ready just in time for Tanner to wake up and after he was changed and fed we were out the door to day care. It was definitely easier that we had a few weeks of day care practice but it was still sad knowing I could not just pick him up whenever I wanted today and hang out with him.

It felt good to be back at work and see all of my work peeps. For as long as I was gone and for what's changed it still feels comfortably the same. It did take me a while to figure out how to start my job again. I had very few emails, no appointments in my calendar and a lot of projects that people had started for me in the Fall that I have to pick up now. Of course by the end of the day I had a good list started of "to-dos" so I can get busy tomorrow.

Tanner did fine at day care all day until Erin picked him up around 3:30. I did miss him a lot today but at least the dreaded first day back is out of the way!

No comments: