Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Word

I carried him in my womb for nine months, birthed him, nursed him, stayed home with him for four months, give him as much love and care as I possibly can each and every day and to pay me back Tanner speaks his first official word:
DADA!!!!!
He has been saying it for a while now and everyone knows that the "d" sound is one of the easiest when babies start blabbling, but yesterday we were all playing on the floor and Tanner looked right at Erin got a huge smile on his face and said "Dada!" (he might have even raised his arms up to reach out I can't be sure =) )
Even though it would have been nice to hear Mama first it still melted my heart to hear him say it and know what it meant and also to see Erin's face light up as he realized what we had just heard. He definitely puts the word Dada and who Erin is together even though he will still babble similar sounds all the time. So all kidding aside our baby boy's first word is Dada and I think Dog is going to follow soon enough.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah! So cute!

Xochi Mama said...

How exciting!

Kristen Culliney said...

Maybe I am hormonal right now but this almost made me cry! How incredibly sweet. I bet Erin will never forget that moment!

lauri said...

Too funny! I'm sure Dog will be next, Lauren was all Dada and Cat...Mom who?

M said...

dog, then mama, then marisa...haha :)