I know, I know it's July and my last post was in May! Oops! I need to stop worrying about what I am posting and if it is worthy and just post more random day to day things. I was just talking to a friend about this the other week and she assured me that blogs are designed for random thoughts and do not always have to be filled with stories and photos all the time. OK, pressure is off (for now).
So May ended with work slowing down and then I was off to Florida for a conference. It was a great conference and I had a fun time with my colleague that traveled with me. June was full of new student orientations at work but nothing really out of the ordinary so far this summer.
Finally July has arrived and we had decided to rent a cabin in the White Mountains with our friends the Lippert's. A random bout of chicken pox kept them from joining us at the last minute but Erin, Tanner, Che, and I hit the road Friday morning for our cool mountain 4th of July weekend.
The cabin was great - although if the Lippert's had joined us it would have been pretty cozy with 4 adults, and three kids and one dog (possibly three dogs). Anyway we stayed at the Antler Ridge cabins and I would totally go back anytime! We walked through Greer, visited the lakes, ate good food, took naps, read books, played outside, and just enjoyed 70 degree weather and a slower pace of life. We did not see any fireworks on the 4th since Tanner was in bed by 8pm but we could hear them over the mountains. Our drive home Monday was sad as we entered the oven hot desert but we felt refreshed and relaxed. Even our high maintenance chihuahua had fun. I think Che was meant to be a mountain dog! He loved going on walks and could not get enough grass to chew on!
Here are the photos from our trip - click to go to the album!
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am a bad blogger too - I feel like everyone already knows everything via Facebook. But, I want to make an effort to be a better blogger. Here are a few blog starter ideas maybe you would like to try too; Memoir Monday (recount a funny or meaningful memory), The Tuesday Ten (10 facts, thoughts, etc about you and your life), Wordless Wednesday (post a picture which needs no explanation), and Thankful Thursday (again, obvious, write about what you're thankful for).
Post a Comment