For those of you still checking this blog (probably not many since I have not updated since August) you will notice the title has changed. I have been trying to come up with a name that will encompass how I am feeling and what I am heading for and Chapter 2 seems to keep sticking.
After almost 12 years at the Eller College at the U of A I am leaving on November 19th to pursue my next career in nursing. It's something I have tossed around for a while and after taking a class and doing some research and talking to people and basically soul searching it's the right thing for me to do. And frankly, all the pieces have fallen into place so I truly believe it's meant to be.
I am excited and scared and sad and happy and so ready for this change but it's a big one. My income will decrease drastically for the next few years, my hours will change (although I will only work 3 days a week now), and everything I have known - my comfortable routine will cease to exist. I am very blessed to have a super supportive husband standing with me through all these changes as well as fabulous friends that have cheered me on.
We are also in the "two's" as Tanner turned 2 on September 10th and well, he's definitely 2 with talking back, not listening, biting at school, fighting for independence, and learning so many new things that he amazes me every day. Just when I love a stage he is at it gets better and more fun as he grows into this funny, sweet, and spunky little boy.
I think part of the reason I have not updated this blog is because there was so many changes going on and I just needed it all to sink in before I could get it out there in words. I hope to share my new experiences, as well as our family's adjustment, as I start this journey.
Here are some recent pictures of Tanner:

2 comments:
Yay, I'm so excited for you! Know that you even have a cheering section on the east coast! I'm so glad that you are following your passion, and I bet Tanner will be proud of you ;)
I'm glad you're back.
Post a Comment