Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sick

I have been sick this entire past week and I think it is the sickest I have ever been!  Tanner and I had a nice visit to Phoenix to see Christine and her family last weekend (and a short visit from Stacey and her kids for lunch) and we came home Sunday around noon time.  Tanner slept the whole way in the car so when we got to Tucson he wanted a burrito - his favorites are Taco Bell bean burritos - yes, I feed my kid Taco Bell.  I decided to get something as well.  We had our lunch, did our Sunday chores and grocery shopping and I started to feel kinda icky.  Erin got home late afternoon and I told him I was not feeling well - stomach hurt, kinda achy, etc.  I made dinner and the whole time I was cooking I kept thinking I may puke.  So, I tried to ignore how I was feeling and got some dinner down but not for long....to spare everyone the awful details I will just say that I was SICK Sunday night and it required a bucket and me spending a lot of time in the bathroom and nothing was left in me by the time I finally passed out.  Erin was so great getting me ginger ale, water, a cool cloth, an extra blanket, checking that I was ok and could function, taking care of Tanner....I barely got out of bed Monday and still could not keep anything down.  Tuesday I started to feel a little better and finally ate some chicken soup.  I thought for sure by Wednesday I would feel better but then I got a nasty sinus infection/respitory thing that made me feel even worse.  I figured I had the flu so I went to the doctor on Thursday but my flu test came back negative.  He thinks I was just lucky to get some nasty virus that wreaked havoc on my ENTIRE body.  I am finally feeling more normal today, almost a week later, and I missed a whole week of work (and I cannot take PTO yet)!  I cannot remember a time when I felt so awful.  Hopefully this is all I get for the year since I pretty much had every symptom you can have within the past week!

No comments: