Thursday, March 6, 2008

Here We Go Again

Posted 1/12/08 9:28 am

Why have I felt just a bit off all week? Why do some of these feelings seem familiar?

Wide awake on Friday (1/11) morning at 6:15am, I debate with myself if I am really sure what I am feeling and I decide to take the test. Within seconds that silly second line appears - of course it is faint but it is there. What? I call Erin and tell him. It is strange, our reaction is not like it was last time, we are curious maybe or just intrigued. It's hard to describe but it is definitely guarded.

I wait till 8:30 and call Dr. H's office so they can order me a blood test and then I drive to the lab. Finally around 4:00 I hear back and yes it is POSITIVE, I am pregnant AGAIN! I have to go back for more blood work on Monday to check that my levels are doubling like they are supposed to and I have to take Progesterone since I miscarried before.

If all goes according to plan my due date will be around September 21st - note my birthday is September 28th - told you that would be ironic!

We are cautiously optimistic. We are not going to tell anyone for a few weeks and just take it one day at a time. I know that chances are everything will be okay but I think my heart has put up some defense mechanism this time just to protect me. By the time anyone reads this all should be well but I wanted to write what I was experiencing now just so I could remember.

So far 2008 is starting out to be pretty good!

No comments: