Thursday, May 22, 2008

Checking off the List

So I have a list, actually multiple lists, of all the things I hope we can get done before the baby arrives. Some of them are important and pertain to the baby so they must get done right away while others are projects I would like to accomplish but who knows if they will really happen. Lately I was becoming obsessed with the lists and wanting to get things checked off of them and it was causing me to be not so fun at home because all I could talk about and worry about were the things on the lists. Well now that the semester is over at work and things are quieting down we are getting so many things done! Here is what we've been up to:


1) Figure out my leave from work - I met with HR this week, got all the paperwork and figured out that if baby comes relatively on time then I will be off until January!


2) Sell the futon - we tried to figure out a way to keep it but we just have no room and it had to go so I put it on Craig's List. After about two weeks I got an email from some guy who was interested. We were asking kind of a lot but it was a nice, infrequently used futon and cost us a bit of money so we wanted to get what we could. He and his wife came to look at it Wednesday evening and SOLD!!! It's outta here. Side Note: This was Che's "bed" in the front room all day long as he would lay in there to hear outside all day and now it is gone :( Erin has put up a temporary bed with pillows and a blanket for him in the room so he can still hang out in there during the day - can we say SPOILED DOG!


3) Register for baby stuff - what an exhausting experience. It was fun but babies need a lot of stuff and I know I forgot stuff and need help from experienced moms on what I am missing. All you moms if you have time please check out our registry at Babies R Us online and let me know what else I need!


4) Order Furniture for Babies Room - my mom is being super generous and is buying us the crib and changing table. When we were registering on Tuesday we found out the crib we originally wanted had been recalled so we had to pick a new set. We ended up with a better crib and changing table that we actually like better and they have been ordered. Should be here in 2 weeks or so! Here is what they look like
5) Get Baby Bedding - that was done a few weeks ago and it came in the mail and we love it in person just as much as we hoped we would.
We are not getting all the stuff in this picture just the bedding

6) Pick a Name for the Baby - Tanner Erin Fick is his name!


Whew - We got a lot done! There is still more on the list but it feels good to check things off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY - Can't wait to help decorate Tanner's room with very cool name art! I love the name Tanner by the way- super cute! Call me and I will come over and help check things off your list :)

XXOO
K

Rebecca said...

Love the name Tanner Erin! Love the baby bedding too. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww..I'm glad you finally decided to tell us!!! :) Tanner Erin is good name...I likey! :)

M said...

I don't know how I missed this blog! But I like Tanner too, and the baby stuff!!