Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Leg Cramps!

You know when you read something and don't really pay attention to it because you think it will never apply to you or just seems so far out there that it's silly? Well when I have read pregnancy books and websites there has been this mention of leg cramps at night during your 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy and I thought nothing of it! Well guess what? I have been woken up the past two nights with the most horrendous leg cramps in my calfs! It is ridiculous! I can stretch them out after a bit but man it hurts and they keep coming back! Everything I have now read (more seriously) says it is completely normal and there is real no cure. It's just one of those neat pregnancy symptoms you don't really hear about until it happens to you. Seriously I have enough trouble sleeping and now this!

I am trying to stretch my calfs more during the day in hopes that will help and keep my feet elevated when I can. If anyone had this fun experience and has some recommendations please let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally got this with Reece, several times so bad I woke up crying! I learned with Harper...DO NOT point your toes when stretching (like when you get up in the AM or at night to pee). I know that seems impossible to remember when you are asleep but it helped a lot! I would just flex my feet/toes and NEVER point them (or WOW I was in for some major pain)!

The lovely things you suffer through for a precious baby :)

XO
K