Monday, July 21, 2008

2 months

Yesterday marked two months to the date from my due date! As of this past Saturday I have nine weeks left. I decided that I would try to blog each week what's going on as the countdown nears an end. So, here goes for this week:

I am feeling really good still. A few minor things like sore feet that are starting to swell a bit more lately if I don't keep them elevated or stand for too long. I am still not sleeping that great. I tell friends I have reverse insomnia - I fall asleep fine around 10 or 10:30 at night but then I am wide awake at 3:30 am and sometimes I just cannot go back to sleep. That makes for a VERY long day. I have also had some horrendous heartburn until I invested in a box of Pepcid - what a miracle drug. Thanks to my doctor for recommending that one! Of course I have to pee every five minutes it feels like and Tanner just keeps moving around in my belly and stomping on my bladder so that is just something I have to deal with for a while longer.

I am starting to get nervous about labor and the whole birthing experience but I keep telling myself to remain positive and that I can do it! Who knows what to expect right, but at least I can have a good attitude about it.

The nursery is almost done - just a few finishing touches so I will post pictures once it is complete. Of course I keep adding things to do to it but it is definitely in better shape than it was a few weeks ago.

My mom and Gene come to visit this Friday as my baby shower, that my wonderful friends are throwing me, is this Saturday! I am super excited for it! I'm sure I'll have lots to write about for the 8 week update =)

No comments: