Friday, July 11, 2008

5 Minute Appointments

I think I wait in the waiting room longer than I am actually in the Dr.'s appointment these days when I go for my check-up. I don't even know if my appointments are 5 minutes long because they are QUICK! Here is the basic layout:
  1. Medical Assistant calls me back and checks my weight
  2. Go to room and ask how I am feeling
  3. Check Blood Pressure
  4. Tell me Dr. will be right there
  5. Wait a few minutes (again probably longer than actual appt)
  6. Dr. Warner comes in and asks how I am doing
  7. Reviews any tests I had done since last appointment (all good)
  8. Asks if I have any questions
  9. Measures belly and listens to heartbeat (everything right on track)
  10. Tells me when to come back
  11. Off I go!
Now don't get me wrong I really like my Dr. and she makes sure all my questions or concerns are answered and we chat about general stuff during the appointment. I never feel rushed or anything I am just boring (which is good) and the appointments are so short it's kinda funny I even have to go. Now I start going every two weeks for the next month or so - can't imagine these appointments are gonna last any longer!

No comments: