Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 cm

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and I saw a different doctor in the practice as mine was on vacation. He was super nice but decided that since I am getting closer he would check my cervix to see if I was dilated. Of course this was after he told me how first babies are always late and that I would probably have another month or so to go, etc, etc. Well surprise, I am 2cm dilated and 50% softened and Tanner has dropped. He thinks I have another 2-3 weeks max and that I probably won't make it to my due date (but then again he said babies come when they want and it's hard to predict anything really)! WOW! Christine reminded me that Erin and I are always early to everything and I made my arrival in this world very early when I was born so why wouldn't our kid be early too! =)

The doctor told me to take it easy and rest a lot as he would like to keep him in me till I hit 37 weeks so that he is full term and his lungs are fully developed. I go back to see my actual doctor on Tuesday for another check-up. So much for the uneventful appointments.

It's kinda weird to know that he could come at any time now and that things are moving along. Today is August 20th which is exactly a month from my due date - CRAZY!

No comments: