Sunday, August 17, 2008

Surprise!

We had planned to have lunch with Erin's mom today at a restaurant at 1:15pm. Well turns out it was a surprise baby shower for me with the people she works with - many of whom I have known for quite some time! I was totally surprised! Erin was in on it and drove to the restaurant like we were going to lunch only to have to leave for a few hours while the girls had a shower. Even my mom was in on the surprise, although she could not come because she has friends staying with her in Vegas! Everyone was such a good secret keeper!

It was a very nice luncheon with lots more gifts to spoil baby Tanner. I really am overwhelmed that I have now had THREE parties for this baby. I am so very lucky and grateful for everyone that is so excited about his arrival! I think we have everything we need now and then some, but I am sure it will all get put to good use.

I have 5 more weeks to go and I have to admit I am slowing down. Finally I can no longer wear my wedding ring set as my fingers are swelling. I am super tired (not sleeping at night doesn't help), I have horrendous heartburn all day long, and my lovely car accident injury to my back has flared up (from I think the extra weight and poor posture) so my back hurts a lot! For having an exceptionally easy pregnancy I am ready to be through this part and feel better as I have a feeling these last few weeks are gonna be hard. As long as Tanner is healthy and strong I will stick it out as long as I need to!

No comments: