Saturday, August 2, 2008

Questions

I have been meaning to post this for a while but one night when I could not sleep I started thinking that only when you are pregnant do random strangers ask you the most personal questions. So here is my list of the questions I find surprising and when they come from friends or family I am OK with but random acquaintances and strangers - no thanks!
1) Are you going back to work? - get this one ALOT
2) Was this planned?
3) Did it take you a long time to get pregnant?
4) How are you feeling?
5) What are you having?
6) What is the name? - not such a big deal but why does a stranger need to know?
7) When are you due?
8) Are you going to breastfeed?
9) What are you doing for day care?
10) How much weight have you gained? Seriously!!!!

I am sure there are others and yes pregnancy does give everyone something to talk about but some people just cross the line. Someone I know said strange women would walk up to her and touch her stomach in stores when she was pregnant with her kids. Wow!

1 comment:

M said...

Do you know who the father is???

Kidding of course. I love these educational blogs - I don't think people realize that they are being inappropriate, because they think that they're just being interested - sometimes you just got call it out :)