I always wondered when I was pregnant if I would miss being pregnant once it was over. I for sure thought I would say absolutely for sure I DO NOT miss being pregnant but the weird thing is I'm not sure if I miss it or don't miss it. I know that I love having my baby here in the world with me but pregnancy is an experience I don't think one truly appreciates until the absolute end. A good friend once said it's kind of like climbing a mountain - it's a lot of work and can be very frustrating at times and then you look back once you reach the top and think, "wow I did that - I created life."
So here are some things I miss and do not miss about being pregnant:
What I Miss:
1) I craved orange juice like crazy when pregnant and would gulp a glass of it each morning as fast as I could. If we ran out I would crave it until I could get some at work or somehow satisfy my need. I never really liked orange juice before and funny, the other morning once we were home from the hospital I poured myself a glass and had to force myself to drink it down. I tried again a few more times and sure enough not the same urgency or desire to drink it anymore.
2) People are super nice and helpful when you are pregnant. It's awfully nice and sometimes you feel spoiled but anyone that is pregnant or planning to be should enjoy it while it lasts.
3) Feeling the baby move in my belly. This is strange yet comforting all at the same time and it's weird once it's gone, especially since Tanner moved a lot. I still sometimes feel phantom kicks.
4) Being able to take naps, rest, wear flip flops to work, or whatever else is needed to maintain a healthy pregnancy and happy mom to be. I think women get away with a lot more when pregnant without feeling guilty!
5) Super nice hair, skin, and nails
6) Indulging in treats and basically eating what I wanted for 9 months
7) The anticipation and preparation in getting ready for the baby. Since I am a planner and organizer I had lots of lists and things to do!
What I do not miss:
1) Peeing ALL THE TIME! That was super annoying!
2) Not sleeping comfortably (I can handle getting up at night but when I sleep I want to be comfortable)
3) Awful heartburn
4) Not being able to move around right especially at the end. It's nice to be able to bend again, sit normally, cross my legs, etc.
5) All the worrying whether it be various tests, spotting, how he's moving and just all the anxiety that comes with carrying and eventually having a child. Not that actually having them doesn't make you worry more!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really missed feeling Lauren moving around inside. That was probably the only thing I missed though!
Post a Comment