Today was Tanner's first day at day care. I decided to start him part-time before I go back to work to get us (well me) used to it. This weekend I got all his stuff ready and labeled and this morning we were up by 7am. It took us over 2 hours to get out of the house and I still had no make-up on and my hair was in a ponytail. We need to work on that timing for when I actually have to get ready for work! I dropped him off a little after 9:00 am and he didn't even seem phased by the whole thing. I stuck around for a bit but I knew the longer I did the harder it would be and the teachers seemed happy to have him there and were expecting him so I left. I was very brave talking to the Assistant Center Director but the minute I got in my car I totally started crying! I ran a few errands but when I came home I was sad again because it was weird to be in the house alone. I have not been in the house alone since September 10th! Even poor Che was wondering where T was when I brought the groceries in.
Anyway I called to check on him around noon and they said he was doing just great! I did a bit of Christmas shopping and finally got back to the center around 2:00 pm. He had just fallen asleep in his crib so I waited a bit before putting him in his car seat. They said he is a very good baby and very happy which is nice to hear. Of course there will be days when that is not the case but so far so good.
Erin and I also decided that we need to stop swaddling him at night. He wakes himself up when he gets out of the swaddle and I know he can sleep through the night so we just decided to go cold turkey and see what happens. He was very tired tonight, probably from his big day at day care, so he went to bed at 7:00 pm and so far we have not heard a peep and he is not swaddled - let's hope we are lucky but I have a feeling I will be up a few times later on =)
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment