Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

I know our doctor said that rolling over was not a developmental milestone like other things are and that some babies just don't roll over but it was starting to bug me that Tanner is almost 6 months old and was not rolling over - until Sunday!

I was doing laundry and put him on his belly in his room and turned my back to hang up clothes and when I turned back around he was on his back. I thought, hmmm, that was strange so I put him on his belly again and sure enough over he went!

Tonight I put him on his back after dinner to play and just like that he started to roll and ended up on his belly! The back to belly is a bit more work.

Here he is so proud of his accomplishment.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to freak out that Lauren didn't crawl, she pretty much went from nothing to "cruising". Of course it didn't help that certain family members told it meant she would never be able to read (umm...huh?). Well, she just finished reading the entire Twilight Series (like 3200 pages!) in 2 1/2 weeks. I think she can read OK. Anyway, there are lots of variations on "normal". Tanner might just be one of those kids who isn't going to do something until he's good and ready. A little stubborn? Can't imagine where he would get that from! ;-)