I got the dreaded call from day care today. Please come get Tanner he has a 101 degree fever! Luckily I was already taking the afternoon off because our new ottoman was being delivered but I felt bad that Tanner was at day care and sick. We have never been called before. When I arrive the poor baby is so lethargic and sad looking it almost brings me to tears. The teachers were visibly worried about him and said he had not been acting himself all day and then started burning up. I had already called our Dr.'s office to get an appointment for later in the day.
Turns out he has another ear infection! This makes #6 since January and he just had one at his 9 month check up! So we got a different antibiotic that is stronger to kill the resistant bacteria and have to now see an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist to decide if he needs tubes. Ugh! Our pediatrician is great and recommended a practice that he works with all the time. There is a chance he won't need tubes but it's best to get him checked out.
Poor T was quite out of sorts today with his fever and aches. Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment