Wow talk about letting time get away from me! I feel like I blinked and here we are at October! Where did September go? I guess a lot of it was spent at work since that is a very busy month for us and the days just run together and are very long.
BUT before September ends there is one very important date - MY BIRTHDAY!!! Yes, I love my birthday and always enjoy dragging out the celebration as much as I can. This year it fell on a Monday so that meant an entire weekend of pre-celebration. Erin and I had date night on Saturday and went to Kingfisher for dinner. Yummmm! I love that place and we had an excellent adult dinner. Sunday the three of us went to Zona 78 for an early pizza dinner. I also love that place and so does Tanner. They really are friendly to kids - giving them some "play dough" to have which unfortunately grosses Tanner out every time we try to give it to him. but it is fun to watch his expression when he touches the dough. Finally on my actual birthday I had another delicious meal at Oregano's (notice the eating theme here) with my girlfriends at work and then got a massage and then hamburgers and fries for dinner! Oh did I forget to mention the fabulous cupcakes I got at the new shop on University Blvd.? Divine! Erin and Tanner got me some nice gifts and cute cards and Tanner loved helping me open my gifts and playing with the tissue paper. I even got some gifts in the mail from friends which was extra nice. So, I really cannot complain that turning 33 was bad at all!
BUT before September ends there is one very important date - MY BIRTHDAY!!! Yes, I love my birthday and always enjoy dragging out the celebration as much as I can. This year it fell on a Monday so that meant an entire weekend of pre-celebration. Erin and I had date night on Saturday and went to Kingfisher for dinner. Yummmm! I love that place and we had an excellent adult dinner. Sunday the three of us went to Zona 78 for an early pizza dinner. I also love that place and so does Tanner. They really are friendly to kids - giving them some "play dough" to have which unfortunately grosses Tanner out every time we try to give it to him. but it is fun to watch his expression when he touches the dough. Finally on my actual birthday I had another delicious meal at Oregano's (notice the eating theme here) with my girlfriends at work and then got a massage and then hamburgers and fries for dinner! Oh did I forget to mention the fabulous cupcakes I got at the new shop on University Blvd.? Divine! Erin and Tanner got me some nice gifts and cute cards and Tanner loved helping me open my gifts and playing with the tissue paper. I even got some gifts in the mail from friends which was extra nice. So, I really cannot complain that turning 33 was bad at all!
Our household had a run of a bug after my birthday with everyone getting some type of cold/flu/allergy symptoms but we are all recovered and cleaned the house of germs this past weekend. We also spent a nice Sunday at Erin's moms house for yet again more birthday celebration!
Tanner had a big change last week as he moved to the next room at day care. The transition has been a little rough so far but it's a lot of change at once so we hope in the next week or two he will get used to it. They only get one nap and sleep on little cots instead of cribs. They get to do a lot more fun stuff but it's just different teachers and a new routine, and being our child it is no surprise that he does not like his routine messed with! I know he will be OK but it's been a hard adjustment for all of us.
The fun thing is Tanner is walking! He is still a little unsteady at times and will crawl if he gets impatient but each day he walks more and more. It's so strange to seem him wandering around the house on his two legs now. He is also starting to learn more words and communicate better. The best thing is he loves to sleep and eat! This kid is going to be a foodie. He does not like just plain food, oh no, the stranger it is the more likely he will eat it! He loves sauteed spinach in garlic and oil, he ate sauteed calamari and fennel at Zona, loved a spicy Jamaican chicken dish I made, eats mushrooms, salmon, you name it!
Here are some recent pics:
No comments:
Post a Comment