Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's Not Easy Being Green

Well actually blue is the case. Yesterday as I dropped Tanner off at daycare I noticed his bottom lip looked bluish purple. We were outside so I thought he might be cold but then his teacher mentioned she noticed it briefly the day before. So once I get to work I start to worry. After exchanging calls with Erin I decide to call day care and see how he is doing. Well, his lips are more blue but he is acting fine, playing, doing arts and crafts trying to eat a glue stick, etc. So I call the pediatrician and they take a message for the doctor. After a while longer I call day care again and T is napping but his lips are still a little blue. The doctor's office calls me back and asks me all sorts of questions and then says I should bring him in to be safe and so they can check his pulse ox level. So off we go to the doctor. Well, he is FINE! Nothing is wrong with him. Could be a combination of cold weather, getting over croup, genetics (my feet turn blue and my sisters' hands turn blue), etc. As long as his tongue is pink he is OK. Whew! Of course during all this I looked up on line what blue lips in a child could mean and all kinds of scary things show up. Erin reminded me what I used to tell my mom when my dad was sick and she would google things - Do not read stuff on the Internet nor believe everything you read!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it a blue glue stick?? =)