Ever have random foot pain because you sit on your foot too long or something? Most of us do. Well I had random foot pain that suddenly got worse last week to the point that I was ready to go to Urgent Care Sunday night.
I cannot recall jumping, kicking, tripping, falling, dropping, smashing, stubbing, twisting or anyt other injury to my foot. It just HURT. Called my doctor's office Monday morning and they get me in. Foot looks completely normal but I can barely walk. Get an x-ray. Nothing. Foot still HURTS. Finally get a MRI scheduled for Thursday morning. Tech tells me "unofficially" there is something going on in my foot. Finally here from doctor who says I need to see an orthopedic surgeon because there is something wrong with my foot. Of course all of this is causing me to miss work the week before I am going on vacation for a week. Get CD of MRI and get to see orthopedic surgeon this morning. He is not 100% sure what is wrong with my foot - something is since the MRI says so- and at this point best guess is a stress fracture. I don't run or really do anything that should cause a stress fracture but it can happen I guess. Was told I might have to wear a boot on my cruise to imobilize my foot but this doctor says that will not help based on where my foot is injured. So, I got a prescription for Vicodin and he said take it easy but come back after the trip. If it is still bad I will need to get a cast on it. Super - better after the cruise than before right?
So Erin and I are off for a 7 day Mexican Riveria cruise tomorrow with me limping along. My mom and Gene will be staying with Tanner all week. I am super excited but also sad to leave my kid. I know he will be well taken care of (spoiled) and have more fun here than on a cruise ship at this age but I will miss him A LOT.
Bon Voyage!
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment