Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Real

I feel like a kid before the first day of a new school or the day before a big test or I don't know but I am definitely filled with anxiety, nervousness, excitement, and a little fear.  I start my new job/life tomorrow!  It's for real now.  Even though I left Eller, had 10 days off, and am totally ready for this it's strange when it is staring me in the face.  The control freak in me has so many questions that are unanswered but I hope tomorrow clears up many of them.  I actually don't even start at the hospital tomorrow but at UMC's training center in an office building.  I think we have classroom training this week before starting shift work next week.  It's all so new and exciting yet so, so, so different from what I have know for so long. 

It was also strange today because I missed Eller a lot this morning.  I think being after a long holiday weekend and everyone getting back into their routine it was wierd for me not to be there and chat with everyone about their holiday and start winding down the semester.  My friend Sarah posted a sweet comment on my Facebook wall that almost made me tear up because she said today it actually sunk in that I am not coming back.  Sad :(


In O Chem news, test 3 is over and I have a cumulative final to be completed by next Monday....I can do this!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The toughest part of leaving any place is always the people that you will miss. And not only will you miss the Eller community, but I know that they will also miss u immensely :-)

Best of luck with your new adventure - I know that you'll do great @ the hospital!!!