Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Tanner all done biting" and "Mommy no working"

"Tanner all done biting." This is what Tanner told me today when I picked him up from school (he likes to talk in the 3rd person all the time!). He has been doing so great at his new school with only one biting incident in the first week and then one attempt this week.  Today when I asked if he bit anyone and his teacher said no he was really great he said, "Tanner all done biting."  They have also been telling him our teeth are for biting food.  So, it makes me feel better that all the drama with the old day care was silly since it was totally situational and not all my kid!  We love his new school and see a dramatic change in him.  As the school director said, every day he doesn't bite is a step in the right direction. 

Tanner is also infamous for saying "no mommy working" or some combo of those words.  Well this week Mommy wasn't working!  My week of so called unemployment has not been louging and eating bon bons as I had a big O Chem test to study for.  I did get in some fun lunch dates and a massage but other than that it was study, study, study.  So this morning as I was taking Tanner to school and he said ,"no mommy working," I said that no I was not going to work but that I had to go to school too today to take a test.  He wasn't sure about that one!

I am so glad I got my test over with today so that I can enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend homework free.  We are headed to Phoenix for our annual turkey day celebration with my bestest friend and her family.  Erin and I are also thankful to celebrate this year that we met 15 years ago on Thanksgiving day!  Wow what a ride it has been!

No comments: