Friday, November 19, 2010

What a Day

Today was my last official working day at Eller.  Wierd is the only way to describe it.  I was  hesitant to go into work today so much so that I got caught cleaning out my purse in the parking lot by a colleague.   I only really worked a half day but it was so strange - walking the stairs of McClelland one last time, helping with a case competition that I was not responsible for, shutting down my computer for the last time, turning in my keys, saying goodbye to colleagues.....I was teary in the morning but as I walked down those front steps for a final time I felt a weight lift, I felt lighter, I felt free.  I will miss the people, the friends, both present and past, I will miss the funny stories and personalities but I am ready to make new ones.  I am ready to start a new chapter.

I celebrated  at the end of this day with a delicious dinner at a new restaurant with friends.  Good food, drinks, and conversation made me feel complete for the day.  I have the next ten days off and can study, spend time with my family, and just live.  I deleted my work email from my Blackberry which is a big step and I just have to let it go.  It's in good hands. 

I will always treasure the memories from Eller and how it shaped me into who I am, but I ready to pursue a new journey, one which I am scared yet so excited to begin.

"And so it goes, and so it goes

And so will you soon I suppose"
-Billy Joel

No comments: