I kind of feel like blogging right now is just a bunch of useless words in light of what is going on in Tucson and the hospital where I work. I feel like anything that I can even think to blog about is just nonsense compared to the tragedy others have faced since Saturday. I think it has rocked everyone's world in some way and it's just so hard to comprehend.
I have to say I am so proud to be a part of the UMC staff. I know I have only been there for almost 2 months but I work with such caring, amazing, talented and dedicated health professionals no matter what unit they are one or what job they do. It really is a family that looks out for one another.
Today was my first experience with a code call. Bascially someone that is unresponsive/not breathing/no pulse and you have to call the code team in. I was not in the room when it happened but everyone on the unit becomes a part of the situation once a code is called and I was at the desk (my light duty work restriction) so I had to page doctors, call places, help get the other patient and family out of the room, etc. Bascially if someone asks you to do something you just do it! The code team was able to get a weak pulse back on the patient and transfer the person to the ICU. As scary as it was, I was amazed at how everyone works together and stays calm and does whatever they need to do as quickly as possible. Again, it just made so proud to work with these nurses and fellow techs and to be joining this profession.
Yes, work is crazy and security is VERY tight at the hospital as we are bascially on lock down. Lots of emails are going out about patient privacy and accessing information. Some employees have been let go because they are just too curious to not snoop.
So, it's been a tiring week as it has been for us all. Those are my words for today.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thank you so much for your sweet text yesterday! We were crazy but so happy to finally get in to McKale. Thought of you!
xoxo
Post a Comment