Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just a Phase

I feel like my life right now is just a phase.  I posted a few weeks ago how I do not feel settled yet with my new job/life and have all kinds of mixed emotions.  The emotions have calmed but the unsettled feeling is still there.  I have been thinking about it (mostly when trying to sleep at night) and have realized that since leaving Eller, life has been anything but "normal."  First I started a new job, while finishing that awful O Chem class, and the holidays were upon us.  Then just at the end of 2010 I hurt my finger at work which caused me to be out of work for a week and a half, while trying to find a home unit.  Then I started on my unit on "light duty" and after 2 weeks was out sick for a week and started back to school with 2 online classes!  Next up, the day care drama with Tanner.  And here we are - mid February.  No wonder I feel frazzled and out of sorts.  I also have really had only one full pay check so that is where my money stress is coming from.  

Realizing all this makes me feel better (sort of).  As we are told time and time again with Tanner's biting - it's just a phase.  So... that is how I have decided that all this will pass and someday soon life will be whatever version of normal I call it.

Tanner is at his new day care and it is OK for now but I do not love it, like I did the last one.  We are going to keep searching but at least we have somewhere for now and so far no incidents!  He is starting to go on the potty more and more which is awesome. 

I went to the hand surgeon today and my finger is healing nicely.  I started occupational therapy for it and wow did it hurt!  It will just take time to get it back to proper working order and to wean off the splint without reinjuring it. 

2 comments:

M said...

Who's your surgeon? And when are we getting together for lunch?

Sarah said...

I'm right there with you girl! Hang in there!