It's not Christmas in the Fick household until there is a big bag of hot dog pieces rolled in bacon waiting for some brown sugar and a trip to the oven in the refrigerator! I spent a good hour today rolling those tasty little treats in time for the upcoming holiday festivities. When I am about half way through the cutting and rolling and getting stuck with toothpicks assembly line I start to get grossed out by the hot dog and bacon smell and it's all slimy but then I think how delicious they are when they are all done and cooked and I cannot wait to make them in a few days!
I am now off of work for 2 weeks! I took a few extra days just so I could get 2 full weeks off. For people who do not work or have not worked in Higher Ed this mini paid vacation seems very strange to them but it is definitely one of the nice perks that would be very hard to ever give up.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YUUUMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!
i LOVE those hot dogs wrapped in bacon! I could eat a whole tray :)
oooh those are sooo good! can't think of a better way to spend an hour
Post a Comment