Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's A Baby Not A Baseball!

Posted 2/5/08 8:41 PM

Yesterday was a really big day for us. We had our first Dr.'s appointment with Dr. Hutchison to do an ultrasound. I was so nervous all weekend and ultra paranoid that something would be wrong and I would have to relive the horrible nightmare from last time. I told Dr. Hutchison all this when he walked in the room and as usual he was very understanding and reassuring. Finally we started the ultrasound and there it was - our BABY! We even got to see its little hearbeat which totally made me start crying. That is the coolest thing ever! He said everything looks perfect and that I have "graduated" from him and can move on to an OB. He recommended some Dr.'s on my side of town so I picked one that another friend used. I start with that practice on the 12th. I am really going to miss Dr. Hutchison, he is one of the best Dr's I have ever known.

After the appointment it was like a giant weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Of course we are still a little paranoid (I think it is hard not to be) but it is definitely easier to get excited now.
So my pregnancy symptoms are strange this time. Every other day I feel awful - I am exhausted, nauseous and just feel yucky. I also have the strongest sense of smell which can be so not helpful when you feel sick. I also have this huge aversion to tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce or anything related. The thought of pizza makes me want to gag and I love pizza! Last week I was craving sauteed onions like crazy so I finally had them and they were delicious! I pee every 5 minutes and am incredibly thirsty. Of course all of this is normal and I'll take it all to know I have a healthy pregnancy and happy baby. Here are its first pictures:

Side Note: The title of this blog is dedicated to my fun little experience last fall with a giant ovarian cyst (baseball to softball size) that twisted and caused me to have emergency surgery one fine Wednesday afternoon.

No comments: